Thursday, August 13, 2015

Catch and Release on Fish - No Limit on Litter

The waters that I fish are almost all catch and release.  Even if they weren't, I would not keep most, as I really don't like to eat fish.  However, I have committed to myself that there is no limit, and a must keep on all litter that I find along the way.  I use the back pouch of my fly vest that was originally designed to hold fish, to store the trash while fishing.  I do cuss and grumble about the idiots that left it there, but feel it is my duty to pick it up as opposed to just walking by.  I have picked up many items along the way, shoes, clothing, kids toys and countless amounts of just plain litter.  I now count this as part of my fishing trip success.  Last time out I caught 12 cutthroats and collected an old diving mask, 2 Styrofoam worms containers and a beer can.  Maybe we should all count this as part of our trophies when on the water.  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment