Saturday, July 25, 2015

Row v Wade - Where do you stand on this issue.

This discussion is not about abortion, I will leave that for others to discuss.  This is about fly fishing.  



I have fished from drift boats, float tubes and a whole lot of wading.  Over the years my preference has become increasingly more towards the walk and wade approach.  I absolutely enjoy every minute I spend wading in the river and working every little seem, swirl, riffle and bolder.  I can spend hours working a 300 yard stretch of a good river.  My experience fishing while drifting have always left me feeling like I missed opportunities to catch fish, as I drift by and am not able to work every hole as effectively as possible.

I do understand that there are waters that are not conducive to one or the other, but if I am on water that is accessible to walk and wade and suitable to fish from a tube or boat, my preference would be standing in the river, what is your's?  Please comment below.

1 comment:

  1. Karl, like you I have experienced it all as far as Drift Boat, Float Tube, Wading etc. For their fans, each has it's own mystique. I never owned a drift boat, but, had a few friends who did. Too much work for me and less time with line the water! I was an avid float tuber while fishing lakes and believe they are more practical than a boat. Won't use them on any sort of running water.

    There is something special about wading the river. Although, my wading skills are not what they used to be (its the Ol' Geezer thing!), I still enjoy running, cold water, that never ends its journey you might say. I prefer fishing smaller streams because they are of less risk too me.

    By the way, thank for the link on your Blogroll. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete