Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Introduction

Combining two passions in life..., Catchin' Fish and Makin' Stuff
All products are 'one at a time', bench built creations.  I machine the reel seat hardware on manual equipment, turn and finish the wood and cork, and meticulously build all of the rods that come out of my shop.
​Thank you for taking the time to visit.


I started fishing at a very early age, but it was gear fishing for Walleye, Bass, Trout and others in the lakes and rivers in Eastern Washington.  About 12 years ago, I bought property in North Idaho on one of the tributaries of the beautiful St. Joe River.  I spent most of my time in the first couple of years building a cabin, but every once in a while I would take a little time and started to learn the art of fly fishing.  


(Here is a picture of the cabin I built)

Since that time, my obsession has grown to include tying my own flies, and building my own fly rods.  It has now evolved into the creation of a small business building custom fly rods and reel seats, and the creation of this blog.  I intend to add new posts weekly to discuss anything fly fishing related including my latest trip reports, tips and hints I learn along the way and progress on my rod building projects.  I hope you are interested in what I have to say, and I thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. 
Below is a link to my website, I you have a moment, please check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment